Humans have always liked to enhance their odor or kill a foul smell to make a good impression where it is a part of daily routine or any special occasion. But if we see the history of perfume then its application is not only for the human body. ‘Per’ means “through,” and “fume” means smoke. The word perfume is made up of these two words. Parfum is a word that people in France use to describe the smell of burning incense sticks.
It has been about 4000 years since people have used incense sticks in religious ceremonies all over the world. In religious rituals, people often burned various woods and resins at that time.perfume for men has been in trend these days.
Some weird raw materials used in perfumery
- The most popular perfume tone called ‘musk’ is derived from the genital of deer primitive.
- Ambergris- This waxy liquid is found in the digestive tract of a sperm whale. It smells sweet and like the ocean.
- Gunpowder is used to give a smoky and peppery scent to the perfume.
- Vanilla is a beloved smell that is used in top-selling fragrances but did you know that it can also be extracted from the anal secretion of beavers.
- And lastly, whale vomit is also popularly used in the making of cologne and fragrances.
Dark Side Of Perfume
Some fragrances are so irritating that some sensitive individuals may be getting allergies or getting choked. There are so many ingredients that are also not on the label. So, it is nearly impossible to find out the single culprit. But cologne can be used as it is less concentrated and does not irritate the skin.